ATV club offers safety course
COLEBROOK — With the start of the all-terrain vehicle season and several New Hampshire ATV accidents already reported, the Metallak All-Terrain Vehicle Club is striving to help reduce crashes and educate the public on safe practices.
The club will sponsor an OHRV Safety Course June 9 at 8 a.m. at Notchview RV Campground, 54 Forbes Hill Road, Colebrook. Reservations are required and the course is limited to the first 25 applicants.
New Hampshire Fish and Game-certified volunteer instructors teach the safety education courses for use of snowmobiles, ATVs and trail bikes. The courses to certify children 12 and older, are free of charge, and parents are encouraged to attend.
New Hampshire law requires any operator 12 and over to show proof of having completed an approved safety education class, or possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license. Any operator under 14 must be accompanied by a licensed adult over 18. Operators under age 12 cannot legally cross roads and operators under 18 may not carry passengers on a three- or four-wheel ATV.
A helmet and eye protection are also required for operators under 18 in New Hampshire and passengers under 18 must wear helmets.
The Metallak ATV Club will provide lunch for those who attend the June 9 event. Each participant must bring a helmet with eye protection and outdoor riding clothes.
For more information or to sign up, call 237-4237.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off