Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Detail officer arrests Mass. fugitive in attempted-murder case
MANCHESTER - A Massachusetts man, wanted in that state for attempted murder and New Hampshire for gun theft, was arrested Friday at Club Drynk, 20 Old Granite St., Manchester, when he was recognized by a police officer working a detail.
John Hickey, 34, was arraigned Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking, and a probable cause hearing was set for June 11.
In an incident March 31, a Merrimack woman told police she met up with Hickey, an acquaintance, at Club Realm on Amherst Street. Hickey walked the woman to her parked car where he allegedly stole the .38 revolver that was in her purse. The woman called police a short time later when she realized the gun was missing.
After Hickey was arrested Friday night, police learned of a warrant for his arrest on charges of attempted murder, assault and battery, threatening to kill and larceny out of Beverly, Mass. The charges stem from a January domestic dispute in which Hickey, using an alias, was identified as the suspect.
Police prosecutor Capt. Robert Cunha successfully sought $25,000 cash-only bail for Hickey, saying there is concern about someone who is wanted on felonies in Massachusetts roaming the streets of New Hampshire.
Instead of filing the felony fugitive charge, Cunha put a detainer on Hickey so the Hillsborough County Attorney and Massachusetts authorities can decide whether to go forward with an indictment and prosecution in New Hampshire first, or whether to proceed with the extradition and handle the Massachusetts charges first.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424