May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Detail officer arrests Mass. fugitive in attempted-murder case
MANCHESTER - A Massachusetts man, wanted in that state for attempted murder and New Hampshire for gun theft, was arrested Friday at Club Drynk, 20 Old Granite St., Manchester, when he was recognized by a police officer working a detail.
John Hickey, 34, was arraigned Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking, and a probable cause hearing was set for June 11.
In an incident March 31, a Merrimack woman told police she met up with Hickey, an acquaintance, at Club Realm on Amherst Street. Hickey walked the woman to her parked car where he allegedly stole the .38 revolver that was in her purse. The woman called police a short time later when she realized the gun was missing.
After Hickey was arrested Friday night, police learned of a warrant for his arrest on charges of attempted murder, assault and battery, threatening to kill and larceny out of Beverly, Mass. The charges stem from a January domestic dispute in which Hickey, using an alias, was identified as the suspect.
Police prosecutor Capt. Robert Cunha successfully sought $25,000 cash-only bail for Hickey, saying there is concern about someone who is wanted on felonies in Massachusetts roaming the streets of New Hampshire.
Instead of filing the felony fugitive charge, Cunha put a detainer on Hickey so the Hillsborough County Attorney and Massachusetts authorities can decide whether to go forward with an indictment and prosecution in New Hampshire first, or whether to proceed with the extradition and handle the Massachusetts charges first.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424