Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Detail officer arrests Mass. fugitive in attempted-murder case
MANCHESTER - A Massachusetts man, wanted in that state for attempted murder and New Hampshire for gun theft, was arrested Friday at Club Drynk, 20 Old Granite St., Manchester, when he was recognized by a police officer working a detail.
John Hickey, 34, was arraigned Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking, and a probable cause hearing was set for June 11.
In an incident March 31, a Merrimack woman told police she met up with Hickey, an acquaintance, at Club Realm on Amherst Street. Hickey walked the woman to her parked car where he allegedly stole the .38 revolver that was in her purse. The woman called police a short time later when she realized the gun was missing.
After Hickey was arrested Friday night, police learned of a warrant for his arrest on charges of attempted murder, assault and battery, threatening to kill and larceny out of Beverly, Mass. The charges stem from a January domestic dispute in which Hickey, using an alias, was identified as the suspect.
Police prosecutor Capt. Robert Cunha successfully sought $25,000 cash-only bail for Hickey, saying there is concern about someone who is wanted on felonies in Massachusetts roaming the streets of New Hampshire.
Instead of filing the felony fugitive charge, Cunha put a detainer on Hickey so the Hillsborough County Attorney and Massachusetts authorities can decide whether to go forward with an indictment and prosecution in New Hampshire first, or whether to proceed with the extradition and handle the Massachusetts charges first.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424