May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Detail officer arrests Mass. fugitive in attempted-murder case
MANCHESTER - A Massachusetts man, wanted in that state for attempted murder and New Hampshire for gun theft, was arrested Friday at Club Drynk, 20 Old Granite St., Manchester, when he was recognized by a police officer working a detail.
John Hickey, 34, was arraigned Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking, and a probable cause hearing was set for June 11.
In an incident March 31, a Merrimack woman told police she met up with Hickey, an acquaintance, at Club Realm on Amherst Street. Hickey walked the woman to her parked car where he allegedly stole the .38 revolver that was in her purse. The woman called police a short time later when she realized the gun was missing.
After Hickey was arrested Friday night, police learned of a warrant for his arrest on charges of attempted murder, assault and battery, threatening to kill and larceny out of Beverly, Mass. The charges stem from a January domestic dispute in which Hickey, using an alias, was identified as the suspect.
Police prosecutor Capt. Robert Cunha successfully sought $25,000 cash-only bail for Hickey, saying there is concern about someone who is wanted on felonies in Massachusetts roaming the streets of New Hampshire.
Instead of filing the felony fugitive charge, Cunha put a detainer on Hickey so the Hillsborough County Attorney and Massachusetts authorities can decide whether to go forward with an indictment and prosecution in New Hampshire first, or whether to proceed with the extradition and handle the Massachusetts charges first.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 13
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 2
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 17
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424