Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Detail officer arrests Mass. fugitive in attempted-murder case
MANCHESTER - A Massachusetts man, wanted in that state for attempted murder and New Hampshire for gun theft, was arrested Friday at Club Drynk, 20 Old Granite St., Manchester, when he was recognized by a police officer working a detail.
John Hickey, 34, was arraigned Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking, and a probable cause hearing was set for June 11.
In an incident March 31, a Merrimack woman told police she met up with Hickey, an acquaintance, at Club Realm on Amherst Street. Hickey walked the woman to her parked car where he allegedly stole the .38 revolver that was in her purse. The woman called police a short time later when she realized the gun was missing.
After Hickey was arrested Friday night, police learned of a warrant for his arrest on charges of attempted murder, assault and battery, threatening to kill and larceny out of Beverly, Mass. The charges stem from a January domestic dispute in which Hickey, using an alias, was identified as the suspect.
Police prosecutor Capt. Robert Cunha successfully sought $25,000 cash-only bail for Hickey, saying there is concern about someone who is wanted on felonies in Massachusetts roaming the streets of New Hampshire.
Instead of filing the felony fugitive charge, Cunha put a detainer on Hickey so the Hillsborough County Attorney and Massachusetts authorities can decide whether to go forward with an indictment and prosecution in New Hampshire first, or whether to proceed with the extradition and handle the Massachusetts charges first.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424