May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police make arrest in Tedeschi Food robbery in Concord
CONCORD - A local man is accused of threatening to stab two Tedeschi Food Shop employees during a robbery Sunday.
Police said Donald Henry Church, 28, wielded a knife when he entered the 201 S. Main St. store about midnight. He walked behind the counter, confronted two employees, and grabbed one of them by the shirt while threatening both with the knife, according to a press release.
Church told the workers if he did not give him money, he would stab them, police said. After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, police said he fled the store.
A short time later, a police officer spotted a man fitting the robber's description near Grove Street. He approached the man and told him to stop, but the man took off running. After a brief chase, officers caught the man, identified as Church.
Police said he had a quantity of cash consistent with the denomination taken in the robbery. Additionally, store surveillance footage confirmed Church as the robber and employees identified him as the man who threatened them with a knife, according to investigators.
Church is charged with armed robbery, two counts each of criminal threatening and simple assault, and one count of resisting arrest.
Church is to be arraigned Tuesday at 11 a.m. in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 42
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 8
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester police investigating possible home invasion - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 11
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 14
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424