May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police make arrest in Tedeschi Food robbery in Concord
CONCORD - A local man is accused of threatening to stab two Tedeschi Food Shop employees during a robbery Sunday.
Police said Donald Henry Church, 28, wielded a knife when he entered the 201 S. Main St. store about midnight. He walked behind the counter, confronted two employees, and grabbed one of them by the shirt while threatening both with the knife, according to a press release.
Church told the workers if he did not give him money, he would stab them, police said. After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, police said he fled the store.
A short time later, a police officer spotted a man fitting the robber's description near Grove Street. He approached the man and told him to stop, but the man took off running. After a brief chase, officers caught the man, identified as Church.
Police said he had a quantity of cash consistent with the denomination taken in the robbery. Additionally, store surveillance footage confirmed Church as the robber and employees identified him as the man who threatened them with a knife, according to investigators.
Church is charged with armed robbery, two counts each of criminal threatening and simple assault, and one count of resisting arrest.
Church is to be arraigned Tuesday at 11 a.m. in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424