June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Pair accused of trying to pawn stolen gold jewelry
SALEM — Two people were arrested outside of a Salem pawn shop on Friday after they were found with $3,000 worth of stolen jewelry, police said.
Michael Langone, 46, and Cassandra Hooper, 29, both of Derry, were taken into custody on drug and theft-related charges after being questioned outside a South Broadway pawn shop.
Police were called to Cash for Gold, at 527 S. Broadway, at 6:43 p.m. for a report of a man attempting to pawn gold jewelry.
Langone claimed they were helping Hooper’s mother with “cleaning out her home,” police said. But Hooper’s mother told police that neither her daughter nor Langone had permission to pawn the jewelry and that she wanted it back, police said.
Langone and Hooper were sitting in a car outside of the pawn shop when they were questioned by police.
Police found that the couple had several baggies of heroin and a small amount of codeine pills on them.
Langone was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug.
Hooper was charged with possession of a controlled drug and had an outstanding bench warrant for theft. Langone and Hooper were taken into custody without incident, police said.
Bail was set for Langone at $2,500 cash. Hooper refused the services of a bail commissioner.
They were both transported to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 17
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424