Registration Opens for NH “Becoming an Outdoors-Woman” Fall Workshop
CONCORD, N.H. -- Women who want to learn outdoor skills can sign up for New Hampshire's fall Becoming an Outdoors-Woman weekend workshop, which will take place September 7-9, 2012, at Rockywold/Deephaven Camps on Squam Lake in Holderness, N.H. Participants select four sessions from more than 30 different outdoor skills workshops, including archery, fishing and fly-fishing, camping, field dressing game, hiking, kayaking, rifle, shotgun, nature photography, outdoor survival, campfire cooking, mountain biking, map and compass, and more.
To register, visit http://www.nhbow.com and download the Becoming an Outdoors-Woman fall workshop brochure and mail-in registration form. For questions or to get a registration form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-271-3212. Registration forms will be accepted by REGULAR MAIL ONLY. Please note that you can no longer drop off applications in person.
This popular weekend fills up fast, so sign up soon if you are interested. Participants must be 18 years or older. The workshop fee of $330 includes lodging for the weekend, plus all meals, instruction and equipment use.
"Our participants have a great time learning in the company of other women," said B.O.W. Program Coordinator Tina Davenport of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. "They are truly motivated when they see that outdoor skills can add such an exciting new dimension to their lives."
New Hampshire's Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) program is co-sponsored by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department (http://www.wildnh.com) and the New Hampshire Wildlife Federation (http://www.nhwf.org).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions