Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Guilty plea expected in Salem drug case
BRENTWOOD — A Salem man charged with selling oxycodone and heroin while on probation is expected to plead guilty to his latest round of drug charges, court documents say.
James Monico, 59, is scheduled to face a judge next week in Rockingham County Superior Court for a plea-and-sentencing hearing in connection with three counts of sale of a controlled drug, subsequent offense.
He has been held without bail since his arrest on Dec. 7.
Salem police said Monico was observed making the drug sales as part of an undercover investigation that had been going on for several months.
Monico allegedly sold heroin and oxycodone between Nov. 29 and Dec. 6 to informants working with police, according to court documents.
His arrest happened almost a year after he was charged in another drug case in superior court, according to court documents.
He was given a suspended 12-month jail sentence on Nov. 4, 2010, after pleading guilty to possession of a controlled drug.
In that case, Salem police arrested him March 15, along with a 44-year-old woman on drug-related charges. Monico pleaded guilty in exchange for the suspended jail sentence.
Terms of his latest plea have not yet been made public, but Monico is likely to face some form of punishment for violating his probation as well, according to court records.
He faces up to two to four years in state prison for allegedly violating his probation with his latest arrest, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors say Monico’s criminal record includes convictions of resisting arrest, escape and a 1986 manslaughter conviction in the Bay State.
The new charges are each punishable by up to 7½ to 15 years in state prison, but Monico will likely receive some consideration for pleading guilty in the case. His plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled for June 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 20
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424