Home » News » Public Safety
Snake’s heat lamp results in Auburn fire
AUBURN – A heat lamp used to keep a pet snake warm caused an early morning fire at 150 Bunker Hill Road. Fire chief Bruce Phillips said the lamp fell into a pile of clothes, which caused the blaze to ignite.
There were no injuries from the fire, and Phillips said it was contained to the room of origin on the second floor of the home. There was one person in the home at the time of the fire.
Phillips estimated approximately $15,000 of damage resulted from the fire, which he said mostly was a result of smoke damage. The fire was quickly extinguished as the call came in at 7:30 a.m. and the fire was under control by 7:52 a.m. The scene was cleared at 8:21 a.m.
Mutual aid came from Derry, Chester and Londonderry, while Manchester covered the Auburn fire station. With the quick action and help from nearby, Phillips said injuries were avoided and the flames did not have a chance to spread.
“The mutual aid worked out well and we got it taken care of,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072