Celtics get back in series
The Boston Celtics stopped the bleeding in the Eastern Conference finals, beating the Miami Heat, 101-91, on Friday night in Boston.
Kevin Garnett (24 points, 11 rebounds) and Rajon Rondo (21 points, 10 assists) each had a double-double and Paul Pierce added 23 points to help the C’s make the series 2-1 in favor of the Heat.
LeBron James was the only Heat player to offer anything productive, pouring in 34 points, shooting 16-26 from the floor. Shooting guard Dwyane Wade struggled in the first half and finished with 18 points.
The Celtics outscored the Heat, 55-35, in the second and third quarters to take a 22-point lead into the final frame.
Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller led a fourth-quarter charge and the Heat managed to get the game as close as 95-87, but couldn’t close the gap. Chalmers and Miller finished with 14 and 11 points, respectively.
The personal foul spread, a huge focal point of the first two games of the series, was dead even in Game 3 at 24 fouls each.
Game 4 is on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. in Boston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840