Rochester native represents NH in Miss USA pageant
Rochester native Ryanne Harms represented New Hampshire in the Miss USA competition Sunday night in Las Vegas. The pageant was won by Miss Rhode Island, Olivia Culpo.
Harms, who earned a bachelor's in psychology with a concentration in pre-med from the University of New Hampshire, was a recipient of the Deans Scholarship and graduated magna cum laude.
The next goal on her list is to earn a master's of business administration in health administration, she told pageant officials.
Harms has worked with the elderly at local hospitals as well as with charities supported by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
According to the Miss USA pageant website, “she'll continue pursuing gymnastics, teaching herself how to cook, playing guitar and snowmobiling.”
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?