Rochester native represents NH in Miss USA pageant
Rochester native Ryanne Harms represented New Hampshire in the Miss USA competition Sunday night in Las Vegas. The pageant was won by Miss Rhode Island, Olivia Culpo.
Harms, who earned a bachelor's in psychology with a concentration in pre-med from the University of New Hampshire, was a recipient of the Deans Scholarship and graduated magna cum laude.
The next goal on her list is to earn a master's of business administration in health administration, she told pageant officials.
Harms has worked with the elderly at local hospitals as well as with charities supported by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
According to the Miss USA pageant website, “she'll continue pursuing gymnastics, teaching herself how to cook, playing guitar and snowmobiling.”
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 0
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'