May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Handyman charged in 10-year-old Auburn murder waives hearing
CANDIA - Arthur Collins, the Manchester man accused in the decade-old shooting death of a pawn-shop owner in his bed in his Auburn farmhouse, waived a probable cause hearing Monday in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery A. Strelzin said defense attorneys were given copies of the affidavit obtained by police for the arrest of Collins, 43, of 113 Conant St., on alternative counts of second-degree murder in the execution-style murder of George Jodoin, 51, on Dec. 26, 2001.
The documents, however, remain sealed from the public.
Collins was a handyman who did some work for Jodoin, 51, who co-owned the Mr. I Buy and Sell Everything pawn shop in Manchester.
The charges are for knowingly and/or recklessly causing the death of Jodoin, 50, of Auburn, by shooting him multiple times in the head and neck with a firearm at his farmhouse at 718 Chester Road.
The case remained unsolved for 10 years and five months until Auburn police officer Bill Barry teamed up with Detective Robert Freitas of the state Attorney General's Cold Case Unit last year.
Collins frequently pawned items at the Manchester shop and was a handyman who did work for Jodoin at his Auburn home, according to a Jodoin family member.
What's next: The case will be forwarded to Rockingham County Superior Court in Brentwood for presentation to a grand jury for possible indictment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 1
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
- State’s stand-your-ground law intact - 0
- Officials say Gilford bear shooting was proper - 0
- Obama limits drone strikes in shift from constant war footing - 0
- Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424