Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. motorcyclist seriously hurt in accident
A Massachusetts motorcyclist suffered a serious head injury Tuesday when wet roads apparently caused him to lose control of his bike in Meredith and fall.
Police said John F. O'Connell, 52, of Westfield, Mass., was one of three motorcyclists riding east on Rt. 25 in heavy traffic about 5:47 p.m. The trio, who were on separate bikes, were approaching the Circle K when it began to rain, police said.
O'Connell lost control of his 2005 Suzuki C50 and fell near the center of the road, police said.
Police said the wet road surface was a cause or factor in the collision. Speed was not a factor, they said.
O'Connell went by ambulance to Lakes Region General Hospital, then was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchock Medical Center in Lebanon. A hospital spokeswoman said he was admitted and in stable condition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072