Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. motorcyclist seriously hurt in accident
A Massachusetts motorcyclist suffered a serious head injury Tuesday when wet roads apparently caused him to lose control of his bike in Meredith and fall.
Police said John F. O'Connell, 52, of Westfield, Mass., was one of three motorcyclists riding east on Rt. 25 in heavy traffic about 5:47 p.m. The trio, who were on separate bikes, were approaching the Circle K when it began to rain, police said.
O'Connell lost control of his 2005 Suzuki C50 and fell near the center of the road, police said.
Police said the wet road surface was a cause or factor in the collision. Speed was not a factor, they said.
O'Connell went by ambulance to Lakes Region General Hospital, then was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchock Medical Center in Lebanon. A hospital spokeswoman said he was admitted and in stable condition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty