Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. motorcyclist seriously hurt in accident
A Massachusetts motorcyclist suffered a serious head injury Tuesday when wet roads apparently caused him to lose control of his bike in Meredith and fall.
Police said John F. O'Connell, 52, of Westfield, Mass., was one of three motorcyclists riding east on Rt. 25 in heavy traffic about 5:47 p.m. The trio, who were on separate bikes, were approaching the Circle K when it began to rain, police said.
O'Connell lost control of his 2005 Suzuki C50 and fell near the center of the road, police said.
Police said the wet road surface was a cause or factor in the collision. Speed was not a factor, they said.
O'Connell went by ambulance to Lakes Region General Hospital, then was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchock Medical Center in Lebanon. A hospital spokeswoman said he was admitted and in stable condition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19