Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Undercover prostitution sweep nets 12 in Nashua
NASHUA - A dozen people were arrested in a prostitution sting last week targeting Internet-based prostitutes and street-level prostitutes operating downtown.
The undercover investigation was conducted by the department's Problem Oriented Policing (POP) unit over three days, from June 6-8. The sting came after an "uptick of complaints" from residents and area hotels regarding increased levels of prostitution.
Only one of the 12 is from Nashua, while eight reside in Manchester.
Arrested for prostitution and related offenses were Dixie Bregy, 31, of 137 Green St., Raymond; Sarah Britton, 23, of 348 Boynton St., Manchester; Melissa Brown, 24, no fixed address, Manchester; Danielle Carter, 23, 43 Hecker St., Apt. 3, Manchester; Kelly Galvin, 25, of Tyngsborough, Mass.; Siobhan Hameline, 26, of 276 Cartier St., Apt. 2; Rachael Nickerson, 30, no fixed address, Nashua; Brandy Parnell, 34, of 455 Hanover St., Manchester; Corin Shepard, 19, of 29 Atherton Ave., Nashua.
Bregy and Parnell also are charged with possession of heroin, while Hameline is charged with possessing heroin, cocaine and other controlled drugs. Police charged Britton with driving after revocation or suspension, second offense.
Others arrested included Matthew Hennessey, 28, of 86 Notre Dame Ave., Manchester, driving after revocation or suspension, second offense, and driving without giving proof of insurance; Benjamin Shirley, 26, of 455 Union St., Manchester, criminal liability for conduct of another, and Justin Theberge, 30 of 455 Hanover St., Manchester, transporting and facilitating prostitution.
Police encourage citizens and business order to report prostitution to them by calling 594-3500 or the Crime Line anonymous tip line at 589-1665.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 3
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Two arrestesd for allegedly scamming motorists buying gas in Rochester - 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483