May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Undercover prostitution sweep nets 12 in Nashua
NASHUA - A dozen people were arrested in a prostitution sting last week targeting Internet-based prostitutes and street-level prostitutes operating downtown.
The undercover investigation was conducted by the department's Problem Oriented Policing (POP) unit over three days, from June 6-8. The sting came after an "uptick of complaints" from residents and area hotels regarding increased levels of prostitution.
Only one of the 12 is from Nashua, while eight reside in Manchester.
Arrested for prostitution and related offenses were Dixie Bregy, 31, of 137 Green St., Raymond; Sarah Britton, 23, of 348 Boynton St., Manchester; Melissa Brown, 24, no fixed address, Manchester; Danielle Carter, 23, 43 Hecker St., Apt. 3, Manchester; Kelly Galvin, 25, of Tyngsborough, Mass.; Siobhan Hameline, 26, of 276 Cartier St., Apt. 2; Rachael Nickerson, 30, no fixed address, Nashua; Brandy Parnell, 34, of 455 Hanover St., Manchester; Corin Shepard, 19, of 29 Atherton Ave., Nashua.
Bregy and Parnell also are charged with possession of heroin, while Hameline is charged with possessing heroin, cocaine and other controlled drugs. Police charged Britton with driving after revocation or suspension, second offense.
Others arrested included Matthew Hennessey, 28, of 86 Notre Dame Ave., Manchester, driving after revocation or suspension, second offense, and driving without giving proof of insurance; Benjamin Shirley, 26, of 455 Union St., Manchester, criminal liability for conduct of another, and Justin Theberge, 30 of 455 Hanover St., Manchester, transporting and facilitating prostitution.
Police encourage citizens and business order to report prostitution to them by calling 594-3500 or the Crime Line anonymous tip line at 589-1665.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 1
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424