June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Undercover prostitution sweep nets 12 in Nashua
NASHUA - A dozen people were arrested in a prostitution sting last week targeting Internet-based prostitutes and street-level prostitutes operating downtown.
The undercover investigation was conducted by the department's Problem Oriented Policing (POP) unit over three days, from June 6-8. The sting came after an "uptick of complaints" from residents and area hotels regarding increased levels of prostitution.
Only one of the 12 is from Nashua, while eight reside in Manchester.
Arrested for prostitution and related offenses were Dixie Bregy, 31, of 137 Green St., Raymond; Sarah Britton, 23, of 348 Boynton St., Manchester; Melissa Brown, 24, no fixed address, Manchester; Danielle Carter, 23, 43 Hecker St., Apt. 3, Manchester; Kelly Galvin, 25, of Tyngsborough, Mass.; Siobhan Hameline, 26, of 276 Cartier St., Apt. 2; Rachael Nickerson, 30, no fixed address, Nashua; Brandy Parnell, 34, of 455 Hanover St., Manchester; Corin Shepard, 19, of 29 Atherton Ave., Nashua.
Bregy and Parnell also are charged with possession of heroin, while Hameline is charged with possessing heroin, cocaine and other controlled drugs. Police charged Britton with driving after revocation or suspension, second offense.
Others arrested included Matthew Hennessey, 28, of 86 Notre Dame Ave., Manchester, driving after revocation or suspension, second offense, and driving without giving proof of insurance; Benjamin Shirley, 26, of 455 Union St., Manchester, criminal liability for conduct of another, and Justin Theberge, 30 of 455 Hanover St., Manchester, transporting and facilitating prostitution.
Police encourage citizens and business order to report prostitution to them by calling 594-3500 or the Crime Line anonymous tip line at 589-1665.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424