Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man sought in robbery arrested at mom's house
KEENE — A man wanted for allegedly robbing a local market in April was arrested late Tuesday night at his mother's home in Winchester.
William W. Lee Jr., 34, of Winchester is accused in the April 6 armed robbery of Price Chopper.
Police, acting on a tip, surrounded his mother's Keene Road (Route 10) home, then went inside and arrested Lee.
Assisting Keene police were officers from the U.S. Marshal's Office and officers from Winchester, Hinsdale and Swanzey.
Lee was taken to the Cheshire County jail and is to be arraigned in Cheshire County Superior Court.
Price Chopper, in the Monadnock Marketplace, was robbed just before 1:30 a.m. April 6 by a man wearing a blue ski mask. Police said the robber walked up to the clerk, showed a black handgun and demanded cash. He fled the store with an undisclosed amount, escaping on a motorcycle, police said.
An officer spotted a motorcycle on Basehill Road in Swanzey but was unable to stop it. Investigators later found an abandoned motorcycle on Parrish Road in Winchester, which led them to identify Lee as the alleged robber.
The case remains under investigation by the Keene police.
Anyone who witnessed the robbery or has additional information is asked to call police at 357-9820 and ask for Det. Robert Collinsworth or Det. Donald Lundin. Information also may be provided anonymously via email or on the police department's website at http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424