June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Man sought in robbery arrested at mom's house
KEENE — A man wanted for allegedly robbing a local market in April was arrested late Tuesday night at his mother's home in Winchester.
William W. Lee Jr., 34, of Winchester is accused in the April 6 armed robbery of Price Chopper.
Police, acting on a tip, surrounded his mother's Keene Road (Route 10) home, then went inside and arrested Lee.
Assisting Keene police were officers from the U.S. Marshal's Office and officers from Winchester, Hinsdale and Swanzey.
Lee was taken to the Cheshire County jail and is to be arraigned in Cheshire County Superior Court.
Price Chopper, in the Monadnock Marketplace, was robbed just before 1:30 a.m. April 6 by a man wearing a blue ski mask. Police said the robber walked up to the clerk, showed a black handgun and demanded cash. He fled the store with an undisclosed amount, escaping on a motorcycle, police said.
An officer spotted a motorcycle on Basehill Road in Swanzey but was unable to stop it. Investigators later found an abandoned motorcycle on Parrish Road in Winchester, which led them to identify Lee as the alleged robber.
The case remains under investigation by the Keene police.
Anyone who witnessed the robbery or has additional information is asked to call police at 357-9820 and ask for Det. Robert Collinsworth or Det. Donald Lundin. Information also may be provided anonymously via email or on the police department's website at http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424