June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Man sought in robbery arrested at mom's house
KEENE — A man wanted for allegedly robbing a local market in April was arrested late Tuesday night at his mother's home in Winchester.
William W. Lee Jr., 34, of Winchester is accused in the April 6 armed robbery of Price Chopper.
Police, acting on a tip, surrounded his mother's Keene Road (Route 10) home, then went inside and arrested Lee.
Assisting Keene police were officers from the U.S. Marshal's Office and officers from Winchester, Hinsdale and Swanzey.
Lee was taken to the Cheshire County jail and is to be arraigned in Cheshire County Superior Court.
Price Chopper, in the Monadnock Marketplace, was robbed just before 1:30 a.m. April 6 by a man wearing a blue ski mask. Police said the robber walked up to the clerk, showed a black handgun and demanded cash. He fled the store with an undisclosed amount, escaping on a motorcycle, police said.
An officer spotted a motorcycle on Basehill Road in Swanzey but was unable to stop it. Investigators later found an abandoned motorcycle on Parrish Road in Winchester, which led them to identify Lee as the alleged robber.
The case remains under investigation by the Keene police.
Anyone who witnessed the robbery or has additional information is asked to call police at 357-9820 and ask for Det. Robert Collinsworth or Det. Donald Lundin. Information also may be provided anonymously via email or on the police department's website at http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424