Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man sought in robbery arrested at mom's house
KEENE — A man wanted for allegedly robbing a local market in April was arrested late Tuesday night at his mother's home in Winchester.
William W. Lee Jr., 34, of Winchester is accused in the April 6 armed robbery of Price Chopper.
Police, acting on a tip, surrounded his mother's Keene Road (Route 10) home, then went inside and arrested Lee.
Assisting Keene police were officers from the U.S. Marshal's Office and officers from Winchester, Hinsdale and Swanzey.
Lee was taken to the Cheshire County jail and is to be arraigned in Cheshire County Superior Court.
Price Chopper, in the Monadnock Marketplace, was robbed just before 1:30 a.m. April 6 by a man wearing a blue ski mask. Police said the robber walked up to the clerk, showed a black handgun and demanded cash. He fled the store with an undisclosed amount, escaping on a motorcycle, police said.
An officer spotted a motorcycle on Basehill Road in Swanzey but was unable to stop it. Investigators later found an abandoned motorcycle on Parrish Road in Winchester, which led them to identify Lee as the alleged robber.
The case remains under investigation by the Keene police.
Anyone who witnessed the robbery or has additional information is asked to call police at 357-9820 and ask for Det. Robert Collinsworth or Det. Donald Lundin. Information also may be provided anonymously via email or on the police department's website at http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424