May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police say armed man robbed sandwich shop employees
MILFORD — Police are seeking information from the public to help nab a man who robbed employees of a local sandwich shop at knifepoint on Wednesday.
Just after 3 p.m., police received a report of an armed robbery at the Subway sandwich shop on 222 Elm St., according to Milford Police Capt. Christopher Nervik. Employees told police that a white male, wearing a blue hoodie, black sweatpants, with a blue bandana and sunglasses covering his face, entered the store and demanded cash.
“He brandished a knife,” said Nervik, who described the suspect as having a thin build and standing between 5 feet 7 and 5 feet 9 inches tall.
It is unclear how much, if any, cash the suspect made off with, but he fled the store on foot heading east toward the Milford Oval, Nervik said.
At the scene, police from Milford as well as a state trooper, were looking for evidence and interviewing potential witnesses inside the sandwich shop. Detectives were dusting for prints and talking with employees.
The shop was closed and crime scene tape strung from dining room chairs blocked the entrance.
Though no one was injured in the robbery, Nervik said police considered the suspect dangerous because he was armed.
“We want people to contact us if they have any information about the incident, but we don’t want anyone to approach the subject,” he said.
In the meantime, detectives are reviewing images captured on surveillance cameras located throughout the shopping plaza. The Subway restaurant is located in the middle of a row of stores and several of the venues have outdoor cameras.
“We don’t know if there’s any useful information from those cameras yet, but we’re looking,” Nervik said.
Anyone with information is being asked to call the Milford Police Detective Division at 249-0630.
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424