Romney to go for ice cream in Milford on Friday
MILFORD — Traffic around the Milford Oval may be a bit tricky on Friday as GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife, and their full entourage of media and security, make a stop in town for an old-fashioned ice cream social.
On Friday at 10:30 a.m., Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will make a stop at the Scamman Farm in Stratham. Then Romney and his wife Ann will make their way over to Milford to rub elbows with supporters and the public at an ice cream social on the Oval at 2 p.m.
Police Chief Frederick Douglas said that parking will be tight on the Oval, and he expects a crowd Friday afternoon. Traffic won’t be shut off downtown, he said, but it will be a long slow ride from one end of town to the other for folks who choose to go through downtown.
The traffic will start getting tight downtown with media trucks arriving late morning, and the doors will open for the event 1 p.m. Many parking spaces downtown will be blocked beginning today to accommodate Romney’s group..
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at email@example.com.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself