Romney to go for ice cream in Milford on Friday
MILFORD — Traffic around the Milford Oval may be a bit tricky on Friday as GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife, and their full entourage of media and security, make a stop in town for an old-fashioned ice cream social.
On Friday at 10:30 a.m., Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will make a stop at the Scamman Farm in Stratham. Then Romney and his wife Ann will make their way over to Milford to rub elbows with supporters and the public at an ice cream social on the Oval at 2 p.m.
Police Chief Frederick Douglas said that parking will be tight on the Oval, and he expects a crowd Friday afternoon. Traffic won’t be shut off downtown, he said, but it will be a long slow ride from one end of town to the other for folks who choose to go through downtown.
The traffic will start getting tight downtown with media trucks arriving late morning, and the doors will open for the event 1 p.m. Many parking spaces downtown will be blocked beginning today to accommodate Romney’s group..
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at email@example.com.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan