May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Nashua man returned to NH to face trial in shooting incident
NASHUA - A local man accused of trying to shoot another man last April is back in New Hampshire after being extradited from Massachusetts where he was arrested.
Luis Capo-Nieves, 28, of 26 Ledge St., Apt. D, is charged with attempted first-degree assault and breach of bail conditions.
Investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest April 17, and Massachusetts State Police picked him up the following day. He was returned to New Hampshire Wednesday.
The shooting happened about 5:40 p.m. April 16 near Ledge and Willow streets. Capo-Nieves had an argument with another man and fired a .22 caliber handgun at him, according to a police press release. The man was not injured in the incident.
At the time of the incident, Capo-Nieves was out on bail on a reckless-conduct charge, and bail conditions prohibited him from possessing a firearm. In that earlier incident, Capo-Nieves allegedly fired rounds into the air during a confrontation on Central Street.
What’s next: Capo-Nieves is being held without bail pending arraignment, expected Thursday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424