May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Father arrested after allegedly waving gun
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly displayed a handgun during an argument Thursday night was arrested on a felony charge of criminal threatening.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said a 14-year-old boy apparently got into a “verbal altercation” with several men at 74 Clinton St. The boy went home and “embellished” the story to his father, Gheorghe Preda, 55, who went back to the Clinton Street home “angered” and armed with a handgun, Thompson said.
Witness accounts indicate one man at the Clinton Street residence may have brandished a bat. It is unclear if Preda pointed the gun.
The gun was loaded, but not fired, Thompson said.
“It’s just unfortunate that someone brought a firearm,” he said.
Preda is scheduled to be arraigned June 29 in Manchester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 2
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 53
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 5
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424