Upcoming games spotlight underclassmen
The high school baseball season may officially come to a close Saturday at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium when state titles are decided in four divisions, but not for some underclassmen.
A pair of upcoming area games spotlight next year’s senior and junior classes.
The first is the N.H. High School Baseball Coaches Association’s annual Junior Showcase (www.nhhsbca.com) at St. Anselm College’s Sullivan Park in Goffstown on Saturday, June 23.
Some of the best juniors in the state are expected to attend the event, which features a series of drills aimed at helping players showcase their ability in front of the college and professional scouts in attendance.
Two nine-inning games are scheduled, for 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
On Tuesday, June 26, Southern New Hampshire University’s Penmen Field in Hooksett will host the Junior Day camp (www.juniordaybaseball.com).
The camp is limited to 64 players just finishing their junior or sophomore years in high school. The event runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and includes drills, evaluations, games and a “College Baseball Education” seminar.
The camp, run by West Virginia Wesleyan pitching coach Ryan Sawyers, features college coaches from around the Northeast, including pitching coaches Mike Marron of Stony Brook and Scott Brown of St. John’s.
Stony Brook is a participant in the College World Series and St. John’s reached the super regional round.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 2
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840