Baysox send Fisher Cats to eighth straight setback
After playing 24 innings in their previous two games in Richmond, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats had to go only nine with the Bowie Baysox at Prince George’s Stadium on Friday.
The game was shorter, but the results were the same as the Fisher Cats dropped another one, this time a 9-4 decision in Maryland.
New Hampshire (22-43) lost 6-5 in 11 innings against the Flying Squirrels on Wednesday and was downed 3-2 in 13 innings on Thursday.
The loss was New Hampshire’s eighth straight.
The Fisher Cats then fell behind 4-0 in the first inning against Bowie (31-34) before rallying to tie the game 4-4 in the sixth. The Baysox came right back, however, with two runs in the seventh and three in the eighth to pull away.
Mark Sobolewski paced the New Hampshire offense. He was 2-for-4 with a solo homer in the sixth inning. Kenen Bailli was 3-for-4 and Ben Francisco, who is on a rehab assignment from Toronto, was 1-for-4.
The Blue Jays transferred Francisco to the Fisher Cats for an injury rehab. He went on the 15-day disabled list on May 21 with a strained left hamstring. In 16 games with the Blue Jays, he was hitting .206 in 34 at bats with two doubles.
Joel Carreno took the loss. He struggled early on, giving up four runs in the first, but then settled down and held Bowie scoreless until the seventh, when it tacked on two more runs. Carreno struck out six, walked two and gave up six hits.
Antoan Richardson, Robbie Widlansky and Manny Machado all had two hits each for the Baysox, who had 10 as a team.
The two teams will go at it again today at 6:35 p.m. in Bowie.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840