Home » News » Public Safety
Newington fire chief injured in Lee motorcycle crash
LEE — The Newington fire chief suffered serious head injuries when his motorcycle crashed into the back of a car, Officer Annie Cole said.
Cole said the man, Dale Sylvia, 45, of Barrington, was heading west on Route 4 shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday when a car driven by Linda Fredette, 53, of Northwood, turned in front of him to enter the Market Basket parking lot.
She was charged with failure to yield.
The motorcycle crashed into the rear passenger side of the car and Sylvia, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown, Cole said.
He was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, for treatment, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief