Home » News » Public Safety
Newington fire chief injured in Lee motorcycle crash
LEE — The Newington fire chief suffered serious head injuries when his motorcycle crashed into the back of a car, Officer Annie Cole said.
Cole said the man, Dale Sylvia, 45, of Barrington, was heading west on Route 4 shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday when a car driven by Linda Fredette, 53, of Northwood, turned in front of him to enter the Market Basket parking lot.
She was charged with failure to yield.
The motorcycle crashed into the rear passenger side of the car and Sylvia, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown, Cole said.
He was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, for treatment, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions