Home » News » Public Safety
Newington fire chief injured in Lee motorcycle crash
LEE — The Newington fire chief suffered serious head injuries when his motorcycle crashed into the back of a car, Officer Annie Cole said.
Cole said the man, Dale Sylvia, 45, of Barrington, was heading west on Route 4 shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday when a car driven by Linda Fredette, 53, of Northwood, turned in front of him to enter the Market Basket parking lot.
She was charged with failure to yield.
The motorcycle crashed into the rear passenger side of the car and Sylvia, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown, Cole said.
He was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, for treatment, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 16
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's