Home » News » Public Safety
Newington fire chief injured in Lee motorcycle crash
LEE — The Newington fire chief suffered serious head injuries when his motorcycle crashed into the back of a car, Officer Annie Cole said.
Cole said the man, Dale Sylvia, 45, of Barrington, was heading west on Route 4 shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday when a car driven by Linda Fredette, 53, of Northwood, turned in front of him to enter the Market Basket parking lot.
She was charged with failure to yield.
The motorcycle crashed into the rear passenger side of the car and Sylvia, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown, Cole said.
He was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, for treatment, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long