Home » News » Public Safety
Newington fire chief injured in Lee motorcycle crash
LEE — The Newington fire chief suffered serious head injuries when his motorcycle crashed into the back of a car, Officer Annie Cole said.
Cole said the man, Dale Sylvia, 45, of Barrington, was heading west on Route 4 shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday when a car driven by Linda Fredette, 53, of Northwood, turned in front of him to enter the Market Basket parking lot.
She was charged with failure to yield.
The motorcycle crashed into the rear passenger side of the car and Sylvia, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown, Cole said.
He was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, for treatment, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072