Home » News » Public Safety
2 motorcyclists hurt in Alton
ALTON — Two people were injured Saturday when their motorcycle hit a pickup truck, according to Alton police. Police said the truck and motorcycle were heading west on Mount Major Highway about 2:30 p.m. Saturday when the truck stopped abruptly because of traffic.
The motorcycle hit the back of the truck and both passengers were thrown from the motorcycle, police said. Police did not release the names of the motorcyclist, who suffered serious, but not life-threatening injuries, or his passenger, who suffered a minor leg injury. The motorcyclist was flown to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for treatment and his passenger was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072