Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats get a win on the road
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats held off a late Bowie Bay Sox rally to earn the 5-3 road victory at Prince George's Stadium in Bowie, Md. on Saturday.
Back-to-back eighth inning doubles by Bay Sox hitters Buck Britton and Robbie Widlansky plated three runs to bring the deficit to just two but Bowie was unable to get any closer.
Shortstop Ryan Goins was 3-for-4 and scored a run to raise his average to .309, while Mark Sobolewski reached base twice and knocked in a pair in the win.
Fisher Cats (23-43) starter John Stilson picked up his first decision of the season after he grabbed the win, going five strong innings of three-hit, no run ball. Sam Dyson held Bowie (31-35) scoreless in the sixth and seventh innings, but Scott Gracey allowed all three Bay Sox runs in the eighth. After walking Brandon Waring to open the bottom of the ninth, Gracey retired the side in order to close out the game.
Timothy Bascom (3-5) took the loss for Bowie, allowing three earned runs (four total) in his five innings of work. He allowed seven hits. Chris Petrini tossed the next three innings and allowed a New Hampshire run, despite giving up just one hit.
The Fisher Cats kicked off the game with two runs in each of the first two innings.
Prior to the game, pitcher Yohan Pino was transferred to AAA Las Vegas. The move left the roster one-man shy of the 25-player capacity.
The two teams wrap up their three-game set Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?