Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man pleads guilty to illegally entering U.S.
CONCORD — A Manchester man, who has twice been deported to his home country of Mexico, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to illegally reentering the United States.
Jamie Gonzalez-Parada, 30, was in a vehicle stopped May 3 for a traffic violation near Exit 3 on Route 101. Immigration and Customs Enforcement determined that Gonzalez-Parada was in the United States illegally, having been deported to Mexico on March 18, 2008, and again on Oct. 1, 2008.
Following his plea to reentry after deportation, the court ordered him held until sentencing scheduled for Sept. 25. Gonzalez-Parada faces a maximum sentence of two years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000.
The case was investigated by the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark S. Zuckerman.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424