Home » News » Public Safety
Woman rescued from hiking trail
LINCOLN -- Rescue crews helped a Connecticut woman having chest pains while hiking in Franconia Notch down Little Haystack Mountain on Wednesday night.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers and members of the Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue Teams received a report that Erica Desantis of Redding, Conn. was having chest pains while hiking the Old Bridle Path Trail about 5:30 p.m.
Rescuers reached Desantis at 6:45 p.m. She was hiking with three people who provided first-aid that helped stabilize her condition. Rescue crews helped Desantis safely reach the bottom of the mountain at 7:45 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072