Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters rescue man from Canobie Lake
WINDHAM — Firefighters rescued a man who nearly drowned Thursday at Canobie Lake, Lt. James M. Brown said.
Brown said the man was found floating on the lake shortly before 7 p.m. Thursday. Firefighters C.J. Lundergan and Gordon Campbell went into the water and pulled him to shore, Brown said.
The man was not conscious. Firefighters performed CPR on him and he was taken to Parkland Medical Center in Derry for treatment. Brown said the man, who was wearing swim trunks and a T-shirt when he was found in the water, has not been identified but appeared to be an elderly man.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19