Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters rescue man from Canobie Lake
WINDHAM — Firefighters rescued a man who nearly drowned Thursday at Canobie Lake, Lt. James M. Brown said.
Brown said the man was found floating on the lake shortly before 7 p.m. Thursday. Firefighters C.J. Lundergan and Gordon Campbell went into the water and pulled him to shore, Brown said.
The man was not conscious. Firefighters performed CPR on him and he was taken to Parkland Medical Center in Derry for treatment. Brown said the man, who was wearing swim trunks and a T-shirt when he was found in the water, has not been identified but appeared to be an elderly man.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 90
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time