Home » News » Public Safety
Mobile home destroyed in early morning fire in Belmont
BELMONT - A man out walking his dog early Friday morning returned home to find his mobile home in flames.
Vincent Mulligan of 23 Leisure Lane quickly went down the street to a neighbor's at 22 Holly Tree Lane to call 911.
According to a press release issued by the fire department, multiple callers reported the blaze just after 1:30 a.m. As firetrucks traveled along Gilmanton Road to the scene, banking down and blowing across the road may visibility extremely difficult.
The Engine 1 crew, first to arrive, reported 50 percent of the mobile home was in flames. The main body of the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes but fire officials said the mobile home was destroyed. Damage is estimated at $75,000.
Companies cleared the scene about three hours later.
Fire officials said the mobile home had no smoke detectors.
The cause of the fire is undetermined although fire officials said it is not suspicious.
The Red Cross is assisting Mulligan and obtained a room for him at the Hampton Inn in Tilton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 2
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072