Home » News » Public Safety
Canobie Lake drowning victim identified
WINDHAM — Police identified a man who was pulled from Canobie Lake Thursday evening. David Mason, 41, of 7 Prescott Road in Windham was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at Parkland Medical Center Thursday night.
The death was ruled a drowning but the circumstances surrounding the incident haven't been determined, according to Capt. Mike Caron of the Windham Police Department. An autopsy was conducted on Friday and police are waiting for the results of blood and toxicology tests, Caron said.
Boaters spotted Mason floating about 20 feet from shore near West Shore Road around 7 p.m. on Thursday. He was unconscious when two Windham firefighters pulled him from the water. Rescuers performed CPR but were unable to resuscitate him. Mason was transported to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 2
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072