May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Grand jury indicts man in officer shooting
Defense for cop shooter says 12 shots were reckless, not purposeful
MANCHESTER — A grand jury has indicted the man accused of shooting a city police officer in March.
Myles Webster, 22, was indicted on felony charges of attempted murder, robbery and two counts of reckless conduct for allegedly trying to kill city Police Officer Daniel Doherty on March 21 and trying to steal a woman's car keys. He also is accused of a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest for trying to run away after the shooting.
Webster allegedly shot Doherty during a foot chase on Wayne and Rimmon streets on the city's West Side.
He is scheduled to appear Wednesday in Hillsborough County Superior Court North in Manchester for a bail hearing.
Doherty has said that he is recovering well following the shooting. He said the chase began like any other foot chase he'd been in, until Webster pulled out a handgun, turned and fired 13 shots at him.
Laying on his back, Doherty returned fire, squeezing off 10 rounds.
According to the indictments, Webster was charged with robbery, having allegedly approached a woman named Pamela Burke and, while holding his handgun, saying, “Give me your car keys, I need to get out of here.” He did not steal her car — the indictment alleges only that he tried to take them.
Some of Webster's shots allegedly were fired into a home at 345 Rimmon St. and out of a car window at or near the Granite Street Bridge that night, leading to the reckless conduct charges, according to the indictments.
The indictments were handed up June 14, close to the 90-day deadline prosecutors had to indict Webster, and were released Friday. Last month, Webster's defense lawyers were in court complaining about how long it was taking the criminal case to proceed and told a judge that they had yet to see any evidence gathered by prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424