Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man pleads guilty to receiving stolen property
BRENTWOOD — A Haverhill, Mass., man received a 12-month deferred jail term on Monday after trying to sell a $12,000 diamond ring and an assortment of gold jewelry at a Salem pawn shop in August.
Danny Asadorian, 22, pleaded guilty to two counts of receiving stolen property in Rockingham County Superior Court as part of a plea deal struck with county prosecutors.
Judge N. William Delker accepted the terms of the plea agreement and sentence on Monday.
Asadorian was arrested by Salem police on Aug. 23 after he tried to pawn a variety of jewelry, including a 2½-carat diamond ring valued at $12,000, according to police.
He pleaded guilty to two of the seven counts of receiving stolen property filed against him in January, according to Assistant County Attorney Andrea Mitrushi.
The 12-month county jail term will be deferred for a year and later suspended if he remains on good behavior, according to prosecutors.
Asadorian will remain on probation for two years. He was ordered to pay full restitution, tour the state prison and perform 50 hours of community service.
Salem police were told about Asadorian trying to sell the jewelry by a worker at N.H. Pawn Brokers, located at 351 S. Broadway.
Asadorian told police that the 2½-carat diamond ring belonged to his mother, according to police.
Police said they investigated that claim and learned that Asadorian was not telling the truth about who owned the ring. He was then taken into custody without incident.
Asadorian was freed on $10,000 bail following his arrest on a charge of felony receiving stolen property. Police said they seized all the jewelry he tried to sell.
Asadorian could have faced up to 7½ to 15 years in state prison and a $4,000 fine had he been convicted by a jury.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 22
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 2
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424