Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats top Sea Dogs in 13
Kevin Howard belted a two-run homer in the 13th inning to lead the New Hampshire Fisher Cats to a 5-3 Eastern League baseball win against the Sea Dogs in Portland, Maine, on Wednesday night.
Mark Sobolewski reached on a one-out single in the 13th before Howard belted his second homer of the season off Portland reliever and losing pitcher Chris Balcom-Miller.
Ryan Goins grounded into a force-out in the third inning, scoring John Tolisano with the game’s first run for New Hampshire. In the sixth inning Sobolewski smashed his 13th season homer for a 2-0 lead. In the seventh Brian Bocock singled home Tolisano, who had reached on a double for a 3-0 cushion.
In the home seventh for Portland, Jeremy Hazelbaker punched a two-run single and the Sea Dogs rallied to tie the game in the ninth inning. Ryan Dent scored the tying run when Marquez Smith grounded into a double play.
Matt Wright (1-1) gained the mound win pitching the final two scoreless innings for New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arvanitis, Burroughs tops at NH club champs tourney - 0
- Hammer-Lacey team wins NHGA Four Ball tourney - 0
- Sergio makes a splash, but can't hold that Tiger - 0
- Rookie Ernst beats Lynn in PGA golf playoff at Quail Hollow - 0
- NH Golf: Smith still chasing his dream at 33 - 0
- Australian Adam Scott wins Masters in playoff - 1
- Cabrera, Snedeker share lead - 0
- Tiger drops into more hot water - 0
- Day grabs Masters lead; teen survives the cut - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands