Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats top Sea Dogs in 13
Kevin Howard belted a two-run homer in the 13th inning to lead the New Hampshire Fisher Cats to a 5-3 Eastern League baseball win against the Sea Dogs in Portland, Maine, on Wednesday night.
Mark Sobolewski reached on a one-out single in the 13th before Howard belted his second homer of the season off Portland reliever and losing pitcher Chris Balcom-Miller.
Ryan Goins grounded into a force-out in the third inning, scoring John Tolisano with the game’s first run for New Hampshire. In the sixth inning Sobolewski smashed his 13th season homer for a 2-0 lead. In the seventh Brian Bocock singled home Tolisano, who had reached on a double for a 3-0 cushion.
In the home seventh for Portland, Jeremy Hazelbaker punched a two-run single and the Sea Dogs rallied to tie the game in the ninth inning. Ryan Dent scored the tying run when Marquez Smith grounded into a double play.
Matt Wright (1-1) gained the mound win pitching the final two scoreless innings for New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 38
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 4
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- New Ipswich cafeteria worker accused of inappropriate online contact with minor - 0
- Two Nashua men steal empty ATM - 0
- Peterborough man remains free, pending appeal, after conviction on child pornography offenses - 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 6
John DiStaso's Granite Status: NH Senate Majority Leader Bradley latest to endorse Boothby for Executive CouncilREADER COMMENTS: 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty