Home » News » Public Safety
Power outage causes Superior Court to close in Manchester
MANCHESTER - An overnight power outage in downtown Manchester affected about 250 PSNH customers, mostly commercial businesses including Hillsborough County Superior Court.
PSNH spokesman Martin Murray said problems with the underground power system caused the outage about 1 am. Wednesday.
"We're still investigating exactly what the problem was with the system," he said.
Power was restored to all but four customers by 8:40 a.m. By then, however, the court had sent employees home.
As of noon Wednesday, only one customer, FairPoint at 770 Elm St., still did not have power but Murray said it was expected to be restored momentarily.
The outage caused the cancellation of hearings and other proceedings at Superior Court, including the arraignment of Myles Webster, 22, the Manchester man accused of attempting to murder police officer Daniel Doherty on March 21.
Police said Webster shot Doherty during a foot chase at Wayne and Rimmon streets on the city's West Side. Doherty is still recovering from his wounds.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 92
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time