Home » News » Public Safety
Power outage causes Superior Court to close in Manchester
MANCHESTER - An overnight power outage in downtown Manchester affected about 250 PSNH customers, mostly commercial businesses including Hillsborough County Superior Court.
PSNH spokesman Martin Murray said problems with the underground power system caused the outage about 1 am. Wednesday.
"We're still investigating exactly what the problem was with the system," he said.
Power was restored to all but four customers by 8:40 a.m. By then, however, the court had sent employees home.
As of noon Wednesday, only one customer, FairPoint at 770 Elm St., still did not have power but Murray said it was expected to be restored momentarily.
The outage caused the cancellation of hearings and other proceedings at Superior Court, including the arraignment of Myles Webster, 22, the Manchester man accused of attempting to murder police officer Daniel Doherty on March 21.
Police said Webster shot Doherty during a foot chase at Wayne and Rimmon streets on the city's West Side. Doherty is still recovering from his wounds.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions