Home » News » Public Safety
Tractor-trailer rollover dumps load of feed onto I-393 in Concord
CONCORD - A tractor-trailer carrying 28 tons of cattle feed rolled over Wednesday morning on Interstate 393 East, shutting down about a mile of the highway between Exits 1 and 2 for more than four hours.
New Hampshire State Police Trooper Joshua Beauchemin said the owner-operator, Matthew Gevry, 48, of Addison, Vt., was not injured in the crash that happened about 6:20 a.m.
He said Gevry was traveling too fast on the Interstate 93 on-ramp to I-393 East, causing the load to shift in the Phoenix Feeds & Nutrition aluminum trailer. As a result, the tractor-trailer rolled over and dumped most of the grain onto the highway.
A state DOT crew of about 10 workers cleaned up the mess using shovels and a loader, and filling dump trucks that hauled it away. Once the grain was removed, three crane/wrecker trucks moved in to upright the rig.
The highway was expected to reopen around 11 a.m.
Beauchemin said Gevry may be cited for unreasonable speed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19