Home » News » Public Safety
Tractor-trailer rollover dumps load of feed onto I-393 in Concord
CONCORD - A tractor-trailer carrying 28 tons of cattle feed rolled over Wednesday morning on Interstate 393 East, shutting down about a mile of the highway between Exits 1 and 2 for more than four hours.
New Hampshire State Police Trooper Joshua Beauchemin said the owner-operator, Matthew Gevry, 48, of Addison, Vt., was not injured in the crash that happened about 6:20 a.m.
He said Gevry was traveling too fast on the Interstate 93 on-ramp to I-393 East, causing the load to shift in the Phoenix Feeds & Nutrition aluminum trailer. As a result, the tractor-trailer rolled over and dumped most of the grain onto the highway.
A state DOT crew of about 10 workers cleaned up the mess using shovels and a loader, and filling dump trucks that hauled it away. Once the grain was removed, three crane/wrecker trucks moved in to upright the rig.
The highway was expected to reopen around 11 a.m.
Beauchemin said Gevry may be cited for unreasonable speed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty